James Cook University (JCU) is the second oldest university in Queensland, founded in 1961 as the base of the University of Queensland. Since then JCU has become a multi-campus university with a total of 17,500 students.
The main campus is located in Cairns and Townsville, JCU also has an international campus in Singapore and Brisbane.
After a decade under the management of University of Queensland, on April 20, 1970 JCU officially became a university, taking the name of the explorer Captain James Cook.
JCU’s main campuses are located in the northern tropical region of Queensland, home to the Great Barrier Reef and Wet Tropics rainforests within the World Heritage List because of their natural values, which provide visitors with and local people experience modern shopping, entertainment, cultural and sports facilities, combined with a relaxed and comfortable lifestyle.
- Townsville: Australia’s largest tropical city, a dynamic port and coastal city, a stopover for the Great Barrier Reef
- Cairns: is surrounded by mountains and tropical rain-forest, located near the northern beaches of Smith field
- Brisbane: Queensland’s capital, the third largest and most developed city in Australia, with subtropical climate, a healthy lifestyle, picturesque river views, current entertainment, cultural, shopping areas Great, Brisbane is one of the most livable cities in Australia.
- Mount Isa: located in the heart of northwest Queensland, specializing in health care courses at the rural and remote areas of Mount Isa Center (Mount Isa Center for Rural and Remote Health).
- Thursday Island: established in 2003, providing courses in nursing and education in the Torres Strait area.
- Arts, Social Sciences & Social Work
- Business & IT
- Creative Arts & Communications
- Engineering and Planning
- Health care science
- Law and Administration
- Medicine, Dentistry & Pharmacy
- Nursing & Midwifery
- Medical and veterinary science
- Art, Business, Creative Communication, IT, Social Work: A $ 27,000
- Psychological Science, Law, Nursing Science, Physical Education & Sports: A $ 29,000
- Biomedical Sciences, Environmental Science, Physical Therapy, Planning, Pathology: A $ 31,000
- Medical, Surgery: A $ 50,000
- Veterinary science: A $ 54,000
- Dental surgery: A $ 58,000
- Education, Guidance and Counseling, Teaching & Learning: A $ 27,000
- Business Administration, Solution and Conflict Management, Economics, Professional Accounting: A $ 28,000
- Tropical Medicine, Community Health, Nursing: A $ 29,000
- Tropical Animal Science, Regional Planning: A $ 33,000
- Geological and veterinary veterinary plan: A $ 36,000
- Customer market development: A $ 37,000
- High school diploma: 6.5 – 9.2 (depending on the industry)
- IELTS: 6.0 – 7.0
- Degree equivalent to an Australian Bachelor’s degree