Different courses that students can choose

The following diplomas come from certificates and diplomas, mainly in polytechnic and private education, until undergraduate degrees at Bachelor, Master and Doctoral levels.

What types of colleges are available in Singapore?

The Higher Education sector in Singapore consists of 4 local universities, 5 polytechnics and many private educational institutions (PEIs). In addition, Singapore has many world-class schools, such as French university – INSEAD, Massachusetts Institute of Technology and American business schools such as the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business.

To ensure that the PEIs in Singapore maintain the high quality standards and business activities set by the Private Education Council, all Singapore PEIs must operate in the Enhanced Program Framework (Enhanced Registration Framework – RF) to register with the Council. This ensures that the PEI in Singapore meets a certain standard of registration and legal regulations, in order to protect the rights of students enrolled in their centers. These schools must also obtain EduTrust certification if they recruit international students. Click here to find out which schools are accredited by CPE.

Living expenses of students

The standard of living in Singapore is the highest in Asia. However, compared to Western countries, the cost of living here is relatively low and basic things like food and clothing are affordable.

Your biggest expense will be tuition, then accommodation and food costs. International students in Singapore tend to spend an average of 750 to 2,000 Singapore dollars a month living expenses. It will be different depending on your lifestyle and your course at different time. For example, if you go to an unfurnished empty apartment, you may need to buy things like refrigerators, washing machines and other furniture.

How to open a bank account

Opening a bank account in Singapore is not very difficult. To do this, you will need to bring a minimum deposit (usually S $ 100) if you are under the age of 21, your passport and Student’s Pass or a letter of recommendation from your training institution. You will receive an ATM card so you can withdraw money from ATMs in the city, it also allows you to pay via NETS (Singapore’s non-cash payment system).

Part-time job

International students are generally not allowed to seek employment in Singapore, including being paid and unpaid (volunteering) while they are in Singapore with a Student visa. If violated, you may be prosecuted. There are some exceptions to this rule. Click here to learn more. For more information you can also contact the Ministry of Human Resources (MOM).


Volunteering is considered unpaid work and students are not allowed to participate in Singapore while having a Student visa.